Since the beginning of the pandemic, the world has changed and with it, our way of interacting with people. Sport has not been oblivious to these changes and adapting to the new situation is difficult, but it is possible. Maspalomas Marathon is a safe event for everyone, where in order to strictly comply with health regulations, we will adapt all the protocols of the event so that you only have to worry about your performance during the 42,195 meters.
THE ISLAND WITH AN EXHAUSTIVE CONTROL AT THE AIRPORT
The Public Authorities of the Canary Islands have established a series of measures for visitors to the islands, including:
- Documentary evidence of vaccination against COVID-19, or
- Negative result of a Diagnostic Test for Active Infection, or
- COVID-19 Certificate of Recovery
- You must also fill in a form through the Spain Travel Health (SPTH) application and present the resulting QR code at the airport health checkpoint.
NEGATIVE TEST REQUIRED
Depending on the visitor's place of origin, accreditation of a diagnostic test for active infection with COVID-19 with a negative result carried out within 72 hours prior to arrival in the Canary Islands is required, to be presented at the airport. The test must be approved by the health authorities of the country of origin or the European Union.
Likewise, those registered for the race must present the documentation determined by the organisation, which will be updated in the race regulations.
INSURANCE IN CASE OF CANCELLATION OF THE EVENT DUE TO COVID-19
In case the event is cancelled due to the evolution of the COVID-19 pandemic, participants will be able to request a refund of their registration fee, as well as any extra items they may have purchased.
COVID-19 REFUND POLICY FOR INCIDENTALS
We are aware of the possibility that not all borders may be open on the days of the event. If a confinement prevents you from leaving your region or entering ours, your registration fee will be refunded.
In order to make the Gran Canaria Maspalomas Marathon a safe event, we have adopted the following measures with their own health protocol that will make it possible to celebrate a safe event:
- Separation between events: 10K and Marathon.
- Limit of 2500 athletes in each distance.
- Staggered start with distancing between start boxes and minimum crowds of participants.
- Outdoor sports fair
- Pasta Party distributed in restaurants in the area.
- Strict implementation of sanitary measures in all common areas (sanitary mask, hydroalcoholic gel).